Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wow....I Remember This!.......


Finally I got back in the pool on Monday evening. It was the first time that I had swum since the 2.4 miles down the Ohio River in Louisville. Normally I am a morning swim person but with the next few weeks being the "off-season" I went and swam amongst the swim classes and water aerobics. It reminded me of why the early mornings are better!


The swim was good and I was surprised at how little speed I had lost in the period since IM. The period between now and Oct 1 is just a get out and enjoy the three sports kinda period before the swim months of October and November. Those are the months I really want to hit the pool hard (not that hard as pools are pretty solid objects) and make some headway with my swim conditioning for next season. You heard it here first....I want to be in the pool at least four times a week and five if possible. The cycling and running will always come back relatively quickly and I have always neglected swimming in favor of the former two sports. It shows in my races too when I am an average swimmer leaving me with work to do in the rest of the race. Coming out front of pack in the swim will enable me to hopefully run away from people and make those top five finishes into 1st place finishes.


I need to get motivated to get into the pool and make a concerted effort. By posting my weekly swim sessions perhaps it will provide me with the motivation....after all I don't want to be called out by people for only swimming two or three times a week. So there you have it....it's up to you guys to rag on me if I don't get to the pool often enough. The Fall Swim Challenge starts October 1.......

No comments: